Feldkirch, Ansitz Tschichters, Margarethenkapf


The Tschitscher-Schlösschen estate rises next to the St. Margaretha chapel on the Margarethenkapf.

Around 1620, the steward Peter Tschitscher had a four-storey residential tower-like building with a steep gable roof built next to the chapel of St. Margaretha above the Ill breakthrough on a narrow rocky hilltop. The latter was mentioned in a document in 1483 and consecrated after a new building in 1522. Later, the castle became the property of the Clessin family, and from 1860, of the Tschavoll family. Ritter von Tschavoll, mayor of Feldkirch, built a villa with a park on the upper terrace of the "Kapfe" around 1870.