The "Herz-Jesu-Kirche" (Sacred Heart Church) - the big red one with the two towers: three-nave basilica on a cruciform ground plan with two 62 m high towers in neo-gothic style made of brick.
The parish church of the Sacred Heart of Jesus - called the Sacred Heart Church for short - rises on a plateau above the town centre. With its two towers and brick-red walls, it announces itself to visitors from afar. Visually, its pointed arch windows are reminiscent of old Gothic cathedrals, but in a version made of bricks. Built around 1905, it was largely financed by donations from the citizens of Bregenz. The mighty church interior is well-balanced, the Gothic austerity softened by the soft light that falls into the side aisles through the stained glass windows. During the major renovation from 1992 to 1994, the original wall and ceiling paintings, which were covered over in 1958, were carefully uncovered and renewed in lighter shades. The organ was built by the renowned Schwarzach company Behmann (1931), it was restored by Rieger Orgelbau in autumn 2020. The stained glass windows are by the Vorarlberg artist Martin Häusle (1958).