The youngest and smallest town in the region is located at the edge of the Rhine Valley at the foot of a mountain. The majestic Renaissance palace of the Counts of Ems is located in the city center. In the year 1755 two original scripts (A and C) of the Nibelungen Lied were discovered here in the palace library. The Jewish Museum in the Villa Heimann-Rosenthal details the interesting history of the Jewish community of Hohenems. The open-air museum “Stoffels Sägemühle“ (sawmill) is also well worth a visit.